Thursday 3 October 2013

silverburn fashion show


So recently Silverburn shopping centre had its very own fashion show, this was a great opportunity for the retailers to showcase their new autumn/winter pieces that are available in store to the shoppers who took time to attend. The show was fantastic I managed to grab a seat in the front row thinking I bagged myself a good seat, god was I wrong! the way I was positioned was a nightmare for me to take snaps (rookies mistake) I ended up getting side on pictures and for some reason my newly updated iphone found it hard to focus on the models with some of the picture quality being absolutely rubbish !


The Show was hosted by fashion presenter Nick Eade, and retailers that showcased at the event where Bankfashion, Topshop, JDsports, Monsoon, Zara mainly all the best high street retailers - you get the picture right ?

 On the runway we where introduced to 6 key trends for the Autumn/Winter season. These where Rebel Rebel, Keep the faith, Masculine Feminine, The Lady, Dark Romance and Cross Cultural. My absolute favourite had to be Masculine Feminine trend. I personally love the idea of a adding a touch of femininity to any outfit I wear so when the models took to the stage with this look I was in awe and slightly jell at the chiseled jaw lines.

Here is a few looks I personally favoured, I have chosen a couple from each trend first of course is the masculine feminine trend.

 The Outfit is all from Zara, when it comes to adding a feminine touch to any outfit Zara always have that extra something, whether it be adding some faux fur to the collar or a jacket or having a statement man bag this is my favourite place to shop to add the finishing touches off to mostly an outfits I wear.

Again here we go with a classic two piece from Zara this skort look skirt is a favourite of mines ATM and I've hardly seen anyone wear it, is it the weather or is it that people in Glasgow are scared to change their style up and become a little more adventurous ?

 Great look from New Look loving the tartan shirt wrapped round the tartan skirt very on trend !
 This look comes from The Lady and is available to buy from Topshop
 Dark Romance
Suit available from Burton & Scarf from HOBBS (need to get my hands on one of these scarfs) Although next week I will be getting my hands on a ChouChouCouture deffo worth having a look fell in love with the designers work the minute I layed eyes on it plus the designers is the sweetest ever.
Look comes from the Dark Romance as well and is available to purchase in River Island.#

They look that they used from BANKfashion came from the men's section & fell under the 
Keep The Faith Trend, which is obvious due to the Print on the tee.
Tee - Outcast
Jeans - Criminal Damage 
Shoes - Nanny State (I know you cant see these tho I will upload a personal pic below)




Although it wasn't London or Paris fashion week, to me it was a great experience and a fantastic turn out for Silverburn I cant wait for the next one to come around. 

I've been pretty busy lately got lots to be getting on with like my student fashion squad role and exams coming up. I've been invited to attend a bloggers event on Saturday by Tor which will be my very first bloggers event so I'm over excited. So many thought running through my head - what do I wear, when do I turn up ? what if no one speaks to me ? AHHHH I know I'll be fine but you cant help but have thoughts like these rush through your mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment